* CNG Vietnam Company (C G) said its revenue reached an estimated D893.8 billion in 2016, surpassing the full-year plan by 7 percent, and its net profit amounted to VND 112.4 billion, exceeding the target by 6 percent. CNG is 56 percent held by PetroVietnam Gas Corporation.
* Ting Chek Hua, a board member of Superdong Fast Ferry Kien Giang Company (SKG), has registered to sell 150,000 SKG shares to cut his ownership by 0.4 percentage point to 1.36 percent in one month starting from January 17.
* Song Da Urban & Industrial Zone Investment & Development Company (SJS) has announced January 19 as the ex-dividend date to pay a 2015 dividend in cash for shareholders at 5 percent. Payments are due on February 20.
* An Duong Thao Dien Real Estate Trade Company (HAR), which is among leading property developers in Vietnam, said it looks to obtain revenue ofVND 180 billion and net profit of VND48 billion in 2017.
* Hoa Binh Construction & Real Estate Corporation (HBC) has issued 998,990 million shares under an employee share ownership plan (ESOP), sending its total outstanding volume rising to 95.4 million shares. The new shares will be tradable on January 20.
* Individual investor Dang Thi Hoang Phuong has registered to buy 2.4 million shares of Saigon Telecommunication & Technologies Corporation (SGT) to revise up her ownership to 6.08 million shares (8.2 percent) between January 17 and February 13.
* Vinacomin – North Coal Trading Company (TMB) will make its debut on theHanoiexchange on January 16, offering 10 million shares at the reference price of VND16,700 each.
* Post and Telecommunication Equipment Factory Company (POT) said it would pay a provisional dividend in cash at 9 percent for shareholders on the record date of January 18. Payments will be made on March 8.
* Phuong Nam Education Investment & Development Company (SED) said in a financial report that its revenue rose 6 percent year-on-year to VND505.5 billion last year and its net profit shot up 15 percent to VND34 billion.
* Duong Duc Hoa, chair of Dai Chau Group Company (DCS), has registered to sell three million DCS shares to reduce his stake to 3.03 million shares (1.7 percent) from January 13 to February 10.
* Hanoi Beer Alcohol and Beverage Joint Stock Corporation, commonly known as Habeco, is poised to start trading on the HCM City Stock Exchange on January 19, with a total listing value of $103 million, the stock exchange announced on Monday.
*Vietnamhas become the world’s second-biggest exporter of sneakers, the Vietnam Leather, Footwear and Handbag Association cited the recent statistics of the World Footwear Association.
* Ornamental plant stores in HCM City have begun selling grapefruit trees brought all a long way from northern Vietnam for up to VND30 million (US$ 1,313) apiece. The plants serve as decorative items and are believed to bring good luck to their owners during the Tet celebration.